Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Thing About Fathers...

... is that they are supposed to help their daughters navigate their way through life,
finding the best route through its many possible paths,
searching out safe places to cross its hazards,
offering a helping hand where it is needed,
and all the time allowing you to feel like a grown up young lady.

Some of us have great earthly fathers, like Grace, and some of us have to rely more on our Heavenly Father, but we all need our Daddy.

11 comments:

Deedee said...

So true Dorothy! How precious a set of pictures for Grace and your hubby!

Are you my mystery Anonymous commenter last night? You are the only one I can think of with a Asperger's teenage daughter so I'm guessing it was you! :o)

Romany said...

Oh yes, sorry, DeeDee! I don't mean to be mysterious, just forget that your blogging thing doesn't automatically do my profile thingy.

I have all the technical jargon, don't I?{vbg}

Dorothy

Linda said...

LOVE this post, Dorothy!

Deedee said...

OK! Sorry it doesn't remeber you. But you can just delete the 'anonymous' and insert your name instead. Thanks for stopping by! I had a pretty good guess it was you. ;o)

Debbie said...

Wonderful post, Dorothy. What a blessing for Grace to have Jamie has her Daddy.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Excellent post, Dorothy. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Touching post, Dorothy. Teary. Didn't have that earthly daddy. Thank you for the reminder that I need to cling more to my True Daddy.

Romany said...

Heather,

I'm sorry about the gap in your life. I understand it.

God is good.

berrypatch said...

How wonderful & how true.

berrypatch said...

How wonderful & how true.

Cynthia said...

Dorothy.. that is just BEAUTIFUL!