Saturday, July 19, 2008

That was the week that was.

Last weekend, the men in the family went off to the Father and Son Camp which is organised every year by the church we used to go to, when we lived in Chesham. Jamie started it off about 8 years ago for them and they have carried it on. Grace and I were carless and bored while they were gone.


But I think we had nicer food. Grace made this delicious salad, with only a little help from me!

Meanwhile, the guys did this sort of thing.
Okay then.

Monday, Grace's friend from college and her mum came for lunch. We went for a walk and had a good time, though it was a little tense before the two girls, both with ASD, relaxed a little. But they clearly like eachother. I'm glad that they will both be in the same tutor group next year.

Tuesday, we actually did some schoolwork. I had to go out to do my weekly shop and when I came back, Grace was giving Jack a spelling test! {g}

Wednesday was our last day of sports with our old Home Ed group. Bit tearful. Me, that is. Two other families came with us to see Prince Caspian and then we met Dad in the Noodle Bar for an end of year dinner out.

Thursday and both kids were at an all day First Aid course. They both passed! And Grace went to the last Rainbows of the year. She's a Young Leader and really enjoys it.
Friday, we popped along to an Open Day at a Montessori School on a farm near Oxford. They are trying to partner with Home Edders., to provide some exam tuition, part time. For a fee, obviously. Jack LOVED it there and if we can possibly afford it, we'll try to get him onto at least one of the courses.

The week was quite stressful for one reason or another. We were busy, so had little time at home and able to do housework. However, I needed to have some part of my home being beautiful for at least a day. I sorted out a corner of the dining room, so that it looked like this.


And it made me happy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Montessori School? Oxford? Partnering ??!!
Details me!
Jackie

Stephanie said...

It sounds like you had a very eventful week! Your corner is fabulous. I love the flowers. Sometimes it is just nice to have something pretty around. I hope that you have lots of happy things around this week as well.

Serenata said...

I just love the flowers, they are definitely happy colours - very beautiful

Jodi said...

Another busy week at your house! Looks fun though and your clean corner with flowers is pleasing to the eye.

Cynthia said...

Beautiful arrangement of flowers.

Missus Wookie said...

Isn't amazing how much a cleaned up corner and some flowers can make the house look nicer? I'm guilty of ensuring where I sit and look is good and ignoring the rest of the mess.

Have a great summer!

Linda said...

Ok, what in the world is a noodle bar? (she asked with her ignorance showing!) :)

Debbie said...

Dorothy, busy as ever...I think I'll go rest for a bit!

Lovely flowers and beautiful arrangement.

Love all the photos. Jack is well, Jack and Grace is so lovely.

Romany said...

Linda,

a noodle bar. Mmm...think sushi bar but all about noodles in all their oriental deliciousness. Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, Singaporean etc etc

Oh no, now I'm hungry.

Kristine said...

Even Grace's food presentation is artistic! She has such an eye for what's appealing, color, textures, etc.!

Love the contrast between the beautiful ladies' salad, and then the hot, smoky fire photo!