Outside My Window...
The lettuces have bolted, the remaining strawberries are going mouldy. Most of my flowers are early summer ones and are over. I really need to plant a few things which will carry on flowering until late summer. The housemartins are up in the sky, but not the gliders yet. A little to early for them, still.
I am thinking...
About our old church and why the leadership team are refusing to meet with us about why we are leaving. And wondering how a church can move forward without knowing why these things are happening. And about how naive and trusting we've been.
I am thankful for...
Freedom to worship in this country. It's not comfortable being a Christian here, but it is legal.
From the kitchen...
Yesterday's dishes are washed, but not put away. We are out of milk for this morning and I have no clue what I'm going to feed my family today. Sometimes I am hopeless.
I am wearing...
Umm..my blue pjs.
I am creating...
Two scrapbooked photo albums for the kids with pictures from their home-ed journey. Still. It's proving a long, involved, complicated project. And expensive. Eeek! We're going to present them to the kids are their prom party-equivalent in a week and a half so I'd better be getting on with it.
I am going...
To a new church with the family today. We've been twice before. I'm not sure it's the one for us, but it's lively, committed, with good music and the people are very welcoming.
I am reading...
Still plodding through Crime and Punishment. It feels like a punishment activity. I'm due for parole soon. I read a national newspaper yesterday for the first time in years and immediately regretted it. I think it's time the word news was dropped from the name. It's just paper.
I am hoping...
Jamie will have time to take Grace out for a coffee/hot chocolate later. It's ages since they have spent any time together chatting. I had a really nice time with her yesterday while the chaps were out at the Living History Festival. She seems to be going through a very sociable period!
I am hearing...
Nothing except the hum of the computer. And my tinnitus. It's also possible to confuse the two. Tinnitus is the inevitable result of a decade of standing at the side of the stage of loud rock concerts. Jamie is almost deaf in one ear. The ear that was next to the drum kit all those years. I'm not sure which is worse, deafness or tinnitus.
Around the house...
A week's neglect of housework, but today is the Sunday, so I plan not to do any today either! I'll catch up next week, when we are not so busy.
One of my favorite things...
Getting up early before anyone else and doing whatever I want to do without fear of hindrance or distraction!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Prom dress shopping with Grace. I have no idea where to get one and G's 'spectrum' issues make clothes shopping torture for both of us. Needless to say, this is not an event I am looking forward to. Housework. Home Ed planning for next year.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
Jack's face upon seeing the new bike that he's been waiting for since last summer. He outgrew his old one ages ago.Check out The Simple Woman's Blog for more entries.
5 comments:
I like this meme. It's a fun glimpse into what's going on!
I'm sorry that your church leadership won't meet with you. I would think they would want to know why folks are leaving.... I am still praying you find a great new church to call home.
I sympathise on the prom dress shopping. I had to find something that would fit someone who is a size 4. Just. And who would not consider anything from the children's section. It was beginning to look as though she would be going in jeans. Best of luck!
Renne,
one of them is coming tonight. I'm working on not being nasty.
So Kathryn, where did you get it in the end? Not that Grace is a 4, but I liked the modesty of the one your dd wore.
Post a Comment