It's called a "Punk Tree." Malaleuca, aka a malicious weed. (Seriously) They were planted in Florida to help drain the swamps and worked too well.
People really don't like them...but as a child, I used to love to peel the bark and play under my punk tree. I'm with you, I like them. People just need to dig deeper and try to understand why God created them. There is a reason! : )
9 comments:
Looks like a blue gum tree (eucalyptus) to me. An Australian tree introduced into New Zealand in the early 1900's (we live in Rotorua, New Zealand).
Eucalyptus?
There's a eucalyptus near where we go on holiday and Jasper took his toy koala specially to see it.
I'm thinking a eucalyptus tree. We had them where I grew up in California...
It's called a "Punk Tree." Malaleuca, aka a malicious weed. (Seriously) They were planted in Florida to help drain the swamps and worked too well.
People really don't like them...but as a child, I used to love to peel the bark and play under my punk tree. I'm with you, I like them. People just need to dig deeper and try to understand why God created them. There is a reason! : )
Here's a general info link:
http://www.killerplants.com/plant-of-the-week/20061009.asp
Eucalyptus?
No, I cannot but I agree it looks nice.
Looks a bit like a eucalyptus to me, or a gum tree.
Eucalyptus :0)
Did you smell the bark, by any chance?
Eucalyptus is what my DS suggests too Dorothy.
Post a Comment