Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Watchet

We used to come here on holiday when I was a small child, so I was interested to see what it was like. I don't really remember.It's just one of those pretty harbour-type towns. Small lighthouse at the end of the harbour wall. Coleridge is popular round here. He wrote The Ancient Mariner whilst living in Watchet.A rocky shore line.
That was it. Watchet. Blink and you missed it!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Oooh, Watchet is on the route of Neil's favourite day trip out, one he requests for his birthday treat!
He likes to go down to Blue Anchor for the all day breakfast at the little cafe on the shore LOL. His birthday's in February, but he was brought up near the sea, and misses it dreadfully, so he loves to get to somewhere coastal for a treat, and the excellent ADB just rounds it up nicely for him - we can just about get there, take a stroll on the beach, hit the cafe, and get back to put the chickens to bed, in darkest Feb!
Was old Samuel TC in Watchet when interrupted by the person from Porlock?

jenny said...

i remember going there on hols as a child. Lovely pics:0)

Romany said...

Jackie,
Oh, I sympathise with Neil. I spent several key childhood years 10 minutes from a beach. I hate being so far inland. It makes me feel a litle claustrophobic. We have to have our yearly pilgrimage to the sea so I can breathe properly for a few days a year at least!

We did go to Blue Anchor. I think that's where the car broke down. {g}

ADB = ?

Kristine said...

The weather looks lovely. I've been thinking about you and Jamie on your "solo" vacation.

Dorothy, the last pic in this post is INCREDIBLE, I honestly think you should look into selling your photos, perhaps matted at a local marketplace, and/on online. You have such an eye that appeals to your readers here, and it seems that you could work that into a bit of an income in other areas of your life too. Really.

Romany said...

Kristine, Thanks for the compliment!

I really haven't mastered either of my cameras yet and just don't have time for anything like that really. Maybe one day.{g}

Jackie said...

Sorry, adb in this instance being 'all day breakfast' - I was just being lazy having referred to it earlier, you will not find it in the back of the OED LOL.
And it's def not OK in Scrabble.