It's a beautiful part of the country.
They were camping a few miles from the village of Flash:
The weather was hot all weekend, though overcast during this photo.
One day, they went for an 8 1/2 hour hike, carrying back-packs and that was up and down hills. Jack says going down was worse than going up!His feet were a mess of blisters afterwards.
He had a great time though. The freedom of the camp, the camaraderie of other boys, the hills, streams and woods. No mums telling you to shower or shouting, 'Get down from that tree! You'll kill yourself!' It was boy-heaven.
3 comments:
I'm growing rosemary this year too. :0
I remember when Joshua would go to church summer camp. And return home with 5 pair of clean undies. I had sent him to camp with 7 pair. And his still brand-new bar of soap. Scary.
Ouch.... I agree that going down is sometimes harder than going up.
Post a Comment