Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Brown Water

A flooded stream. Um, I did not take this photo. I would have not let my boy go anywhere near a surging stream.. Celtic Cross.
Bet you didn't know the sea could be brown.
Village at the edge of the world.

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

That Broad Haven picture reminds me very much of the location in one of my favorite movies, Local Hero, filmed in Scotland.

"Village at the end of the world", I'm there. The kids look so comfortable there, like locals. I'll have to look it up, but the climate reminds me of the Pacific coast here in America. I wonder if Wales doesn't get warmer drift waters from the ocean than the rest of Britain.

Romany said...

Yes, I liked that film too, Alexandra.

Wales and North West England and Scotland get a lot of rain, because of the prevailing South Westerlies, which are moist. However, this was *unusually* wet with lots of flooding.

In fact, this year has been so bad for Britain's harvests that I heard today that food prices will be going up again for us here.

Cynthia said...

That's one big cross! Lovely pics again!

Kristine said...

Yes, that brown water is quite yukky....