Friday, September 26, 2008

Hive of Activity

Our house is buzzing with activity at the moment.

Jack is getting used to having to hand in homework. His workload is a lot more than it has been as he's really stepped up a gear this year. So far, he's responding well. Jamie is finding music and lyrics on the internet for Life-Songs and printing them for the musicians. All legally, of course! He looks like he's playing the keyboard like a piano but he's just about to scratch his head, I think!
Grace is having to cope with college, voluntary work, new youth group and rehearsals. She's doing well!

It's getting a bit frantic on some days but no one is falling over with exhaustion yet.{vbg}

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

How exciting! You're picking out music to give to musicians so you must have a band and perhaps you're close to a date and location? Hoping it all goes well. What does the set look like? We're doing a couple new Charlie Hall songs this weekend and I've been spending some time working out the keyboard parts for them.

Romany said...

Cynthia, we have a date for the first one, 11th Oct, a venue and nearly all the equipment hired. We're in the middle of rehearsals and are finalising the set list today. I'll post it for you!

Jamie and Grace are still in bed this morning as they went to London last night to a Brooke Frazer concert. She is a brilliant new songwriter/worship leader from New Zealand and was in London for One Night Only.

I've not heard of Charlie Hall. What sort of music is it?

Cynthia said...

Charlie Hall is contemporary Christian. Christian Rock I suppose. You can check out his website at www.charliehall.com I think there are some samples of his music there. His music is the biggest influence on the style of the music for the band I play in. His keyboard player is the one who has helped me with keyboard stuff a few times over the last couple of years. They are GREAT guys! We personally know each of them.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

**It's getting a bit frantic on some days but no one is falling over with exhaustion yet.{vbg}**

What a great description of life in our household as well. LOL

It's exciting to see you walk into all the new Adventures God has set for you. LOVE IT. Praying.

Jodi said...

Busy days at your house! Praying for you all as you approach your first concert as a music ministry group.

Kristine said...

If it were my dh, he'd be waving his hand at my to get the camera away, lol.