Friday, April 06, 2007

Betty goes to Word Alive!

Hello everyone!
I did enjoy my trip to Word Alive at Skegness on the east coast of England with my hosts! The Bible teaching was very good and so was the fish and chips! Yum!

This is where we stayed. I didn't really ride on top of the car all the way there! The North Sea is extremely cold in April and I do not recommend it for swimming. It's a shame that bald man came and cycled past me just as I was being photographed! How rude! I quacked at him.
Grace and Jack have been so kind to me whilst I've been in England, but I am starting to feel rather homesick now. I think I will tactfully suggest it might be time for me to return home.
I must just tell you about an unfortunate incident which happened when we were on holiday. I was sitting on the grass by a lake, just sunbathing and enjoying the peace and quiet and what do you think happened? These two great big creatures came up and pecked at me!!!!! What a cheek! Grace just rescued me in time before they did me some serious damage. What on earth are they, do you suppose?
Well, that's enough of that. I think I shall be returning home as soon as I can book a passage. I asked for a Virgin Atlantic Upper Class flight. Dorothy assured me that she would 'get right on that one'.

Bye! See you again soon Trev, Hay, Col and Tris! (I hope it's OK to shorten your names like that!)
Betty Puddles

2 comments:

Jodi said...

HAPPY EASTER BETTY and host family!

The less awake of us ar still getting ready for the ride to grandma's house and the more awake of us are falling off our chairs laughing at Betty's latest antics (and Dorothy's reporting of them, you have a gift for this sort of thing VBG).

Someone is saying "we had chips yesterday, we could save some for Betty when she gets home". Mummy, that would be me, now reminds them that they may go bad by then but we could make her a fresh batch. She can catch her own fish soon, the ice on the lake is thinking about going away.

We dread to think what the ducks in the photo might have done to poor Betty, didn't they realise she is one of them, thank you to Grace for coming to her rescue!

This has been wonderfully fun and we thank you so much for hosting our little duck.

Cynthia said...

Your duck blogs are SO FUNNY! Thanks for sharing!