skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Even at the mature ages of 13 and 16, Grace and Jack expect chocolate to be hidden for them on Easter Day. Though they are so grown up now and attempting to appear nonchalant in this photo, they were actually very excited and practically knocked each other out of the way to get to the eggs and rabbit-shaped Lindt chocolates. There's such a child/adult conflict going on in their cute little heads so often.Like when Jack came crying down the stairs the other morning to tell me, 'Mummy, I've cut myself shaving!' Such is the bizarre world of teenagers.
I'm not sure when this hiding Easter chocolate thing started because the Easter Bunny hasn't crossed the Atlantic yet (give him time.) I think it must have been when we lived in Canada when they were little. However it started, it's now a tradition which the kids insist upon.
Grace is a very poor finder, not having apparently yet learned that things can be 'under' other things or 'behind' other things. Not sure if this is an ASD thing or just a little unrelated quirk. So, we have to share it all out equally later.
Anything not found on Easter Sunday belongs, by default, to moi. I'd love to be able to say I find it right away, but my memory (and housewifry skills) are so poor that whilst I was hiding this year's chocolate, I found some of last year's.
Such is the bizarre world of women my age. (49 3/4)
5 comments:
Trevor believes in the Easter bunny, but Holly HELPED me with the kids' baskets Saturday night, lol!
I can imagine giving my "children" Easter baskets for at least another dozen years.
What great fun. We may need to hide chocolate next year.
It sounds like such fun! We tpically find all candy items that are hidden, but I have a pretty reliable trend going of hiding holiday/birthday presents only to find them two or three years too late!
Very cute post and pictures. Good to see that even teens can still enjoy fun traditions!
My oldest baby is 19 and he still looks forward to his Easter Basket. I will probably continue as long as I can . . . I will probably make one for them until they someday are married with children . . and then I will switch to the grandkids!
Post a Comment