Right in the centre of the now spectacularly roofed Great Court is the Round Reading Room of the British Library. The library itself has moved to much larger premises, but the old Reading Room remains. This is the site of the museum's current special exhibition about China's first emperor, including some of the Terracotta Warriors .
We had places, along with our home-school group, to this exhibition so I was pretty fed up when I came down with a miserable cold this week and couldn't go. Fortunately, Jamie was able to take the day off work and took the train into London with Grace and Jack.
They weren't able to take photos inside the exhibition, sadly, but they were given a guided tour and then watched a costumed play about the life of the Emperor Qin, after whom China itself is named.

They look all cultured up and REALLY knowledgeable on Chinese History now, don't they?
I should give them a test today, shouldn't I? {g}


3 comments:
FUN! I'll see this some day in person. LOL
THANK you for the gift, Dorothy. I blogged about it - of course. LOL
That was nice that Jamie was able to take the kids for you! Hope you are feeling better soon!
You have the most amazing museums to frequent!
Post a Comment