Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Scrapbooking, Music and Reindeer

Early in the week, the Worship team from church had a special workshop with Phil Lawson-Johnson. Jamie had asked him to come and talk to us about leading worship. Well he did and the talk was great, we learned so much, but even better was the times of playing and singing we had together at the beginning and end of the evening. Phil is a well-known worship leader and song-writer here in the UK and leads at the church we go to in Oxford on Sunday evenings.

We went to our art workshop last week. Normally I hover, helping the kids, trying to stop Jack being TOO silly, encouraging where I can etc. But this time, I thought I'd actually DO something a bit more creative, so I took my scrapbooking along! I sat at a table with one of the other mums who was making Christmas cards. Another came and sat with us and another. We all thought what a good idea it was to be engaged in something practical while the kids drew and chatted.

I managed two double page spreads. Since I went to Wendrie's crop the weekend before, that makes 5 double page spreads in the last YEAR! Wow, I'll get caught up in no time! {Ha!} It was a very pleasant day at Wendrie's. Jamie took the kids to the Science Museum. We are slowly realising that our teens are finally beginning to outgrow the big free museums in London. We've been regular visitors to all of them since they were very small. Next time we go to London, we are going to have to have some added value to the trip for them. Still not sure quite how to make it more interesting for them yet.

Here's Grace with one of her friends at the Art Day and her own pencil drawing.

Last weekend, Jamie and I went on a date. To a garden centre! Well, it's a very nice garden centre. There is also a new parade of interesting shops, including a great craft store, and the Christmas displays are, of course, up.

I asked Jamie to take Grace back there to see the reindeer the next day because I knew she'd love that. They had hot chocolate with marshmallows afterwards. I think the reindeer liked her. {g} I was very surprised to see they had furry antlers!

On Sunday, we led the worship at church again. It's a joy and a privilege to do this. Everything went so well. I really enjoy the rehearsals we have now. They are such fun! The more we play together as a band, the better we sound and the more relaxed we feel. The more relaxed we are, the less we are worried about things going wrong. And that means we can really worship wholeheartedly. Which is good.

Oh, what's this? A mystery package to send to a friend in Texas? I hope she likes mysteries.



7 comments:

Renee said...

wondering if you got DeEtta in the SHS ornament exchange?... and wondering how something that big will hang on her tree ... tee hee...

Jodi said...

For some reason photos on some blogger blogs aren't showing up for me today, sniff, sniff, I shall have to try back again another day. Sounds like a productive day.

I must give congrats for 5 spreads in a year, well done! Don't overdo it though, you're making the rest of us look bad! I've considered bringing some scrapbooking to co-op but not sure I can think straight to do any with all the noise and commotion there. excuses, excuses.

Debbie said...

Love the picture of Grace and the reindeer.

Hmmm..mysteries, I'm pretty sure, De'Etta loves mysteries.

berrypatch said...

Ditto Debbie's comment about Grace. That was a great photo! What a tease for poor De'Etta too! :-) LOL

Lisa in ME

Serenata said...

Hey I hadn't finished commenting and it escaped me. Pressed back space to try to correct my mistake and of it sent. I had a date with my DH last week - it was a garden centre as well :-)

Love the reindeer.

Lisa in Jax said...

I think Grace is just beautiful. I can't wait to see what God has in store for her!

Cynthia said...

LOL about the package... way to tease her before sending it (LOL). I think I saw what she received posted on her blog.

I'm glad you're enjoying the worship leading. Our church has two separate bands becuase it IS easier to have the musicians stay together!! The singers rotate through on a different schedule and not with either particular band.

And scrapbooking... WHOO HOOOO!! I wish I could say I had completed that many two page spreads this year. I did finish both dd's little mini albums though and I'm almost finished with dh's picfolio which we hope to give him for Christmas if I get away from the 'puter long enough to finish it (LOL).