Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Days at Home

What a frustrating couple of days I've just had.

I had two days at home scheduled and a To Do list as long as your arm. However, most of the tasks I was trying to accomplish seemed to take an ENORMOUS amount of my time and I still haven't got to the end of the list.

The people I needed to phone were not in. The emails I tried to send out bounced back to me inexplicably. My computer screen froze on THREE occasions! The information I needed to check wasn't avilable on other people's computers. Ladies in my home-ed groups weren't getting back to me about next term's activities despite multiple reminders. Vital pieces of *my* jigsaw seemed lost down the back of *other* people's sofas! LOL!

After a day and a half of banging my head on the desk (note to self: Use sofa next time) and getting a sore back from sitting there so long, I finally got most of the work done that I needed to do. But I need to list everything I did, I think, just so I can SEE that stuff got done, even though those frustrated feelings are still clogging up my brain.

Ordered a Christmas food hamper for Jamie's elderly aunt in Scotland.

Had my hair cut.

Found out which home-ed group kids were taking part in Gymnastics and Fitness sessions next term, booked them in at the Sports Centre, figured out how much everyone owed me for the fees and sent a confirmation email out to all involved! Phew!

Wrote out my North American Christmas Cards. Missed the last posting date, but Oh well.

Changed blog over to Beta (lost of bruises on my forehead from that one.)

Packaged up some books and posted them.

Made a CBD order!

Had an email conversation with a home-school supplier about a French course.

Figured out that I did *not* need to order new Maths stuff for Jack as the next set of books were lurking at the bottom of a tray on his shelf!

Finished knitting a scarf for a gift for Grace.

Arranged for Grace's friend to come over to stay for a weekend after Christmas.

Started planning the Christmas parties we're having for the kids.

Replied to late books-biz orders.

Sent thank you notes.

Read through accounts of the Spanish Armada and explained the whole thing to Grace.

Helped Jack to start a book review of The Victor.

Finished current Read-Alouds.

The list of things I didn't manage to do consists mostly of housework. {sigh} And exercise. {cough}

3 comments:

Kristine said...

It sounds like you HAVE accomplished quite a lot! I like the new weather thingie on your sidebar, and I'm glad you figured out how to make the switch. Hope your head feels better soon, vbg.

Kristine

Emily said...

I would say you have been quite BUSY :-)

Debbie said...

Way to go! You did great. Please, next time you have a long list, wear a helmet of put a pillow on your desk!