1. That all 12 year old boys think they are indestructible, so they will each dive head first into paddling pools 12 inches deep. Repeatedly.
2. That a cat can climb over a fence and get back home with 2 dislocated back legs.
3. That I am the Carcassonne Champion of the household mainly because I am completely without ruths. (Hang on. It will come to you.)
4. That there is no green plant that will survive in our bathroom.
5. That my kids love our Saturday Night Shabbat meals so much they complain if we miss one.
6. That you can go to two diferent churches on Sundays without feeling disloyal to either one.
7. That gliders make a loud noise when they skim *just* over your chimney pots.
8. That Jamie can mend broken ovens. This is a REAL revelation!
9. That one can feel much more feminine with expensive underwear on.
10. That some churches function better without pastors.
11. That music seems to be an integral part of my children's futures, which is something I never expected when they both refused to practice the piano any more. G is passionate about singing and J about the electric guitar.
12. That I seem to be getting less stressed, relaxed even, about hospitality!
13. That when you learn your child has autism the earth does not stop turning on its axis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love your 13 lists!
I think you could substitute "Any boy" for 12 yo boy in #1! Yikes, my boys are giving me gray hairs.
Would share some of what you do for your shabbot meals?
Definitely agree with #9.
I'm working on #12.
Thanks!
Oh, so good that Jamie was able to fix your oven!
Yes, #9, but I will not write more on a blog!!!
Amazing how we learned some of the same things this year...I enjoy your lists....
1. I've discovered pertains to ALL male types - I call it T-poisioning and have resorted to threatening to spray estrogen around the home. The balance around here IS better when the older girls are home....otherwise I am totally swimming in men folk - and sometimes I simply don't understand them. Totally enjoy joy - but don't understand them. LOL
4. Sadly none seem to survive ANYWHERE in my home...
5. I also would love to hear more on your shabbat nights. I'm really thinking about adding this to our family celebrations.
6. YES
7. Gliders and all manner of military planes fit this category.
8. I discovered that Mike keeps the appliances and computers around here functioning. LOL
9. Certainly - and that the children won't die if left alone for a weekend or locked out for an afternoon.
12. Me TOO! Maybe too relaxed...almost...
13. Ah and I learned that there are things God wants me to accept as "my child" and not try to fix....because there is nothing wrong with my child - he is just what God created him to be.
Post a Comment