Thursday, December 14, 2006

Wicked Wednesday

Wicked=brilliant!
Just in case you are not very hip and groovy. Like me. Obviously!

We set off early to our weekly Day of Sport. I went shopping after dropping the kids off. Picked up some more Christmas presents.

All the older children and their parents trooped off to the local Den of Iniquity for an 'end of term celebration'. The Den of Iniquity is Jamie's and my nickname for this huge 'entertainment' complex. It has a multiplex cinema, an ice rink, a leisure pool complex, restaurants, bar, nightcub and bowling alley. It also has all these machines everywhere that take your money. All kinds of ways to lose your money. It's loud and unpleasant and it just seems to deserve that nickname.

All we homeschoolers sort of skirted the outside of the building by going for pizza and a film and managed to avoid the money-losing machines.{g} Much to Jack's disappointment.

After a hilarious time in Pizza Hut, where there was an 'all you can eat buffet' (mothers of teenage boys love those sorts of restaurants!) we split into 3 groups for the movies of choice. There were three contingents. Most of the boys and older teens opted for Casino Royale, which has had excellent reviews. We have never liked Bond films in our family and they have always had a reputation for cheesiness here, but the reviews have been saying this film is very good and Daniel Whatshisface is being called The Actor Who Made Bond Cool.

The Soppy Girl contingent went for The Holiday, with Kate Winslett and Jude Law. And the younger ones went to see something called Flushed Away, which sounded odd.

Jack was old enough to watch the Bond film and was keen to, so reluctantly, I allowed him. He said the film was good, but didn't want to talk about *the* torture scene. I hope he's not scarred for life. Jack, not Daniel Whatshisface.

I REALLY wanted to watch Nativity, but no one wanted to go with me so I squirmed through Cameron Diaz's over-acting in The Holiday. Grace, in her inimitable (ASD) fashion, spoke up loudly after Diaz suggested s*x with Law after knowing him for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
'But Mummy, they are NOT married and she doesn't even KNOW him!' Ugh...I wish I'd read the review properly. It was rated suitable for 12 year olds and Grace IS almost 16...At least they did not SHOW the s*x. {sigh}

We picked Jamie up after work and then I did my grocery shopping on the way home. Jamie and the kids staying tin the car to listen to music and talk. I had a lot to do, but couldn't stay in the store for very long as the Christmas musak was so loud and revolting it actually made me feel nauseous. I've never heard music sound...cynical, before. It was so bad I complained to one of the managers and told her they'd have made more money out of me tonight if they had not been playing such awful music. She just shrugged.

Packing, driving, unpacking, laundry, chatting, Bartholemew's Passage and bed!

Me: Good day, Kids?
Kids: Wikkid, Mum!
Me: Cool.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

At least you didn't say "groovey"....I will never live THAT one down. LOL

Kristine said...

Yes, I still say Cool! and my 8yods has started saying Wicked!

Uh, cool, I guess!

We have Pizza Hut buffet here too, and my kids love it!