While we were out, we took a few photos of some local villages to give you an idea of the area we live in. We are quite near to the Cotswolds but the local stone used in traditional housing here is browner and less yellow than the Cotswolds proper. The light was quite poor as it was late and misty. But I hope you like them.
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Beautiful! ~Yvonne
Thank you, THANK YOU, for the photos. I want to be assigned in Europe so badly....England first, Germany second, or Italy or well you get the idea....God has a plan. He wants me to love TX. LOL
Oh thanks for sharing Dorothy - it brought back wonderful memories of my visit to England a few years ago. My dh told me he is going in February to check out a few churches there so he asked me if I wanted to go with him . . .how cold is it in February?
Love the photos! Thank you for sharing. All of the buildings seem to close to the road. Do people in England not have front yards?
Emily, it can get a little colder than it is right now. We sometimes have snow in Jan and Feb. Probably hovering around freezing.
Why will Carlos be checking out churches? Are you thinking of moving here?
Debbie, the pictures were taken on the main street through a couple of villages so they do not generally have front gardens, though a couple of the ones in the photos had small ones.
The reason for that is the houses were built 100's of years ago and since cars began to be used the roads had to be widened, often up to the house. But most homes do have small front gardens. (Bigger at the back.)
Dorothy
LOVE your photos! I've spent so very little time on our east coast, and buildings like this just do not exist in the west. Here, an "old" house would be built c. 1900, and while we SEE trees on the mountains, there are not many old trees in the city. Just so very different, and lovely!
Love the pictures. It's been so long since we've been to England that I forget how beautiful it looks. Or I start thinking it all looks like Walford, LOL.
Post a Comment