It is a fantastic place, well worth visiting. There are 10 different museums and we managed only three of them, but the family passport (ticket) which we bought is good for a year (multiple visits to the same museum) or indefinitely, for he museums we missed this time. We made it to The Museum of the Gorge, Enginuity and Blists Hill Victorian Town. All were splendid and I shall now regale you with photos.
This is the World's First Iron Bridge and it's in, you guessed it, Ironbridge. Three weird figures atop the bridge.
It's good to know that museum shops still hold their interest.
The River Severn in full flood. It was causing 1000's of people to be evacuated from their homes further downstream.
Wow, that's big isn't it, Jack?
Yes, Grace, I think it's the biggest lollipop I've ever had.
Inside Enginuity.
Blists Hill Victorian Town, where Dorothy's acting talent was spotted by a group of strolling players. Here I am acting my socks off as a Rude Mechanical from A Midsummer's Night's Dream.
Jack and Grace go for a ride around the town.
I always buy my eggs from Ovum!What's wrong child? What do you mean, 'No more photos, please , Mum'?
Oh alright, just the one.
4 comments:
Okay, that was just really fun to read! :-) I love the next to last photo of Jack. Too funny! And the photo of you & the Ovum Poultry - a riot! Thanks for posting the photo of the River Severn - I'm reading the Brother Cadfael mysteries & that is mentioned in there. Enjoyed your blog yet again! :-)
We are just going to have to go visit this place - what fun!
I've had a great time catching up on your blog....gorgeous photos of amazingly beautiful scenery....
LOVE the Rude Mechanical picture. What did your dc think? Holly (who was only 3 or 4 at the time) was traumatized for YEARS when the circus clowns pulled Robert into their act.
I don't think I could buy eggs from a place called Ovum, lol. I prefer more sterile names, not sounding like ANYthing to do with the body!
Post a Comment