Friday, July 06, 2007

Scrapbook Challenge No 1. Organise Something!

Thanks to Cynthia's Scrapbook Challenge I've been pushed into doing some organising.{g} I was supposed to be doing a million other, more important things, as school has not yet finished in our home and I am pretty busy, but I got struck down by a bad cold this week and was lying around feeling frustrated about not being able to get out and be busy so I decided to tackle this challenge. I kept stopping for cups of hot honey and lemon, but I got there in the end!

I have 2 places to keep scrapping supplies. One is this, the only antique (as opposed to just plain old) piece of furniture we have. It's a music cabinet made of English oak and it's had the privilege of travelling across the Atlantic Ocean twice. It was in Jamie's grandparents' home from at least 1910, possibly earlier, and stored all the sheet music from that very musical family.

The doors open downward. Each drawer has been inscribed on the inside by a child's hand with things like 'Phyllis' or 'Mum's Violin pieces', so it's a very sweet reminder of Jamie's family history with music.

It also holds 12 by 12 pieces of scrapbook paper, so Jamie said I could have it for those things! Yay! Anyway it has been a mess.


I also use this box to take to friends' houses to crop, but that is only when the moon is, for some reason, blue. November was the last time. I don't think it's ever been cleared out and everything just gets stuffed in there. I knew I needed to clear it out and get rid of a lot.


OK, I THINK it has to get worse before it gets better!{g}


The music cabinet (paper drawers) get organised. Colour co-ordinated, Cynthia, I hope you notice!

Someone gave me this little bag at Christmas with gardening things in. It's such a useful little bag, I've appropriated it for scrapbooking supplies. Thanks for the idea Wendrie, if you're reading this!


Now the box is also sorted. Lots of tat thrown away, everything in its place and now I know that it's ready to go, if I ever have a block of time for a bit of work on an album. Ha! We'll see!


MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

Dorothy! WOW.. I'm totally impressed.. You know that because I'm the originator of the Scrapbook Challenge and I didn't have any preconceived ideas of what we're going to do or when we're going to do it... I just have to say that you MUST get an award for being the first one who accomplished the goal... at least the first one I've read about anyway.. if someone else has also finished their challenge, do let me know! So... hop on over to my blog and copy/paste the "WINNER" icon onto your blog! WHOO HOO! Now I need to seriously get going.. I'll be the one finishing up at midnight of the last day (LOL)!

And, btw! YES! I noticed the color coordination! I LOVE IT! LOVE LOVE LOVE The way you used the garden tool thing for scrapbooking supplies - very creative! And, I'm totally in love with that antique number. It's SO CUTE! That's "my kind" of thing you know!

Ok, so again. You can post the WINNER icon for being the first one to complete the challenge.

Debbie said...

Great job, Dorothy! I think you are the first one done with this 1st challenge.

Sorry you have been under the weather. Feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!!!

Of course, now I have that winner icon in my sidebar, it looks as though I've just won the Whole Thing, instead of just being the first to finish the first challenge. Which is pretty funny :snort!:

And my mess was, frankly, not as big as other people's. Cynthia, did you say we're all voting on who gets the prizes? Now that's a good idea.!

Cynthia said...

Yep... at the end of the month everyone will get to vote on who wins the prize -the 12x12 paper organizer.

Jodi said...

But...but...but my excuse for not getting started yet is that I have a bad cold. Yet you are sick and completed the job anyway?! Oh dear. Well congratulations but no fair taking away my excuse. LOLOLOL

Seriously great job and the music antique as a 12 by 12 paper holder is awesome. Perfect fit and also many good memories of Jamie's past.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I don't have a clue yet what y'all are doing - well I've got a CLUE but I'm impressed! LOL

I love the antique dresser.

berrypatch said...

I love the music sheet organizer! That's awesome & great job on getting all your organizing done!! I have yet to start. Maybe this week.....

Lisa in ME

Emily said...

I don't scrapbook . . .or do creative memories . . maybe someday but congrats to you on some beautiful organizing! You must be so happy at the end job!