Jackie tagged me for this. Though it's hard to limit them to only six, here goes.{g}
1. Slugs. Why?
I mean, really, why?
I stepped on one as I was hanging my washing on the line this morning. {shudder} Fortunately, I had shoes on this time. Because slug juice is very hard to remove from the soles of one's feet.
Again. Why?
2. People seem to think it's acceptable to get grumpier as they get older.
Older people can be quite rude, especially to children. I was elbowed in the ribs the other week by an older man who thought I was taking too long to come out of an elevator. Why do people feel they have an excuse to be miserable and rude when they get older?
3. Holidays (vacations)
I mean, I love being away, but the preparations for, and chores afterwards, I really hate. All that packing and worrying, followed by all that unpacking and laundry. I would like maids to do all that for me. Would that be okay?
4. Phones, mobile (cell) phones and answer-phones.
The Tyranny of the Urgent. We binned our answer-phone years ago and have been liberated somewhat by email. I jump when a phone rings. It's usually 'Nigel' in India trying to sell me a new phone contract.
5. Watches.
The Tyranny of the Timekeepers. I'm never late, but I don't wear a watch. When I used to wear a watch I felt constantly scolded by it.
6. The noise of other people eating.
It can make me feel seriously ill. I don't mind watching people eat with their mouths open. It's the noises people make whilst eating, even with closed mouths, that makes me nauseous. Analyse THAT!
We once had a child eat a meal in our home who ate all the time with his mouth wide open, bits of food falling out. I struggled not to gag.
Jack said, 'William, you are making us feel ill, could you please close your mouth while you chew?' His reply? Hysterical, preposterous laughter, followed by
'How on earth would I breathe?'
'Through your NOSE?' we chorused.
OK, I'm done now.{vbg}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL I'm SO with you on the vacation/holiday thoughts. LOL
Ugh, I don't like slugs either! BLECH, BLECH, BLECH!
I haven't worn a watch in years. I figured if I was that pressed for time, I'd better get going anyway.
But I love my cell phone. Besides, it has a built in clock, lol.
We share a few of the same pet peeves.... like listening to other people eat and wearing a watch. But, I LOVE all parts of planning a vacation and I've been known to be on 2 or 3 phones at one time (LOL).
Speaking of grumpy old people. One of the kids' great grandparents was SO MEAN! She would nudge our 2nd dd with her cane to the point of dd pushing it away (she was only 2 or 3 at the time) or hitting at her and then great grandma would expect me to scold her.... finally I had enough and told her she was the one that needed scolding for intentionally trying to get dd in trouble (LOL). She never bothered her again!
Slugs - ugh! I got one in my SHOE the other day while taking the kids to their swim lessons (we have to walk a sandy path to get there). I was shuddering all over the place while my boys laughed. Hah - they were just glad it wasn't them! LOL
Post a Comment