When we lived in Canada, practically everything was less than a century old. Any time anything started to look its age it was instantly renovated or replaced. We MISSED things with moss growing on them. Even though we've been back for 10 years now I STILL delight in old, crumbling things.
Just as well, as Jamie and I grow decrepit together.
I think this is a nice photo, though obviously, I am much slimmer than that.
12 comments:
Lovely rocks and streams, oh and definitely the bridge the trolls live under! Did you do Pooh sticks? ;-)
Yes we DID do Pooh sticks! How did you know? {g}
We're savouring these times as we really don't know how much longer the kids will be willing to go away on trips like this with their decrepit parents. So far, so good!
Oh, you made me smile today. Thank you! Beautiful pics, Dorothy. Glad you all enjoyed the time together.
What lovely photos, Dorothy. It looks so beautiful!
Thanks so much for sharing your holiday with us.
Dorothy,
Your photos make me realize that spending a week in London was not really seeing England. Sigh....too many places to holiday and not enough time or money
Okay, the weight thing is nothing to be worried about -- after all, it COULD be way worse -- your hair could do that scary thing Jack's does.
** Snort **
I'm picturing you with that 'do.
Don't.
I agree with Renee. I spent all my time in London but the next time I am heading to the countryside! Beautiful!
These pictures immediately made me think of James Herriott!
This area is similar to the Yorkshire Dales, Kristine, but Yorkshire is a somewhat harder and harsher landscape than Derbyshire.
Liz: Derbyshire = Darbeesher (emphasis on the 'ar' sound.)
Thanks Bonni, for stopping by and for being amused!
I think I prefer the tranquil (you did mention something tranquil in this entry) description instead of the old and crumbling! Either way.. I'm not far behind you!
I always enjoy the photos on your blog.
I have to say about the very last photo on this entry. My camera makes me look less slim than I really am to. In fact that is why I throw them to the ground so I can get new ones. I will do so until I find one that works right and don't make people look fatter than they are. It's a real true problem. Hmph and vbg.
Jodi
Post a Comment