Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Special Weekend for Jamie and Jack

When Grace was 11, I took her away for a Purity Weekend. It's a great programme and one we fully recommend.

Jack has been asking for his for a year now. He's 13 1/2. We haven't been able to afford it until now. They went to a hotel in Milton Keynes, did the study, had the discussions, did the practical exercises and then went for their adventure (snowboarding) at Xscape which has an indoor snowslope, with real (made-made) snow.

Back home in the garden, he receives his Passport to Purity.


This is the only picture inside Xscape. Not sure why Jack's looking nervous. Maybe he isn't, maybe he's just bored waiting for Jamie to get ready.
As part of the programme the parent is meant to buy a gift for the child which is significant to them and symbolises their decision to follow Biblical principles in their relationships with the opposite sex. Grace received a silver cross and chain.

We knew Jack really wanted these. Quicksliver flip flops. And why not?
They both sign the Passport.
We told Jack that he was a man now and this was his reaction.
Mind the cat, mate!

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

What a special weekend!

Lisa in Jax said...

Pretty cool. I'd love to do something like this but I've been the "food" for the little ones for the past 5 years. Of course, Allison doesn't ever want kids after having all these little ones around. She decided to be forever single.LOL

Yvonne said...

Looks like it was a fun weekend! How precious! ~Yvonne

Kathy in WA said...

This is awesome! Good for you and Jamie for making this a priority and spending the time (and money) on the important weekend. Powerful stuff!

Kristine said...

Dorothy, what a feeling this must be for you and Jamie to know that Jack has made a decision to live his life this way, with goals for his future.

I know I have plenty of shortcomings as a parent, but when I look back, I wonder did my parents even CARE? (And I'd have to say no, they didn't, because it would have interrupted their own dating and social lives.) I take for granted that I am making it different for my children, and I should be praising God for this.