Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Ah HAAAR, Me Harties, Splice the Mainbrace!

One of the kids' home-educating friends invited Grace and Jack to a Pirate-themed party. Well, our kids wanted to join in the fun, but not go overboard (HA!) So, they nodded in the direction of some piratical accoutrements.

They needn't have worried about standing out like twits as EVERYONE there was totally pirated out, complete with scars, attached parrots and cutlasses between the teeth. Home Educated kids are so gloriously unselfconscious! 35 of them from age 13-19 played silly games and ate diabolical food that looked disgusting (Cool!)


Grace and Jack waiting for their grog.

Actually, they don't look a great deal different from usual. Except that Jack raided Jamie's Bag Of The Past for some chunky stage-jewelery. The Bag Of The Past contains all kinds of massive belt buckles, bolo ties, Weird Things made of leather, silver rings and feather headdresses bought from Indian reservations. The kids liked to play in the Bag Of The Past when they were little. It's nice to see it finally come into its own.

Even if it's for a Pirate Party.


Jamie and I however, managed to remember, just in time, that our anniversary (26th) was coming up, so we took the opportunity for a sprog-free evening out. I wish I could say I'd starved myself before this meal in a pub restaurant, but I'd be lying. I had a big lunch. {sigh}


Me, looking forward to the meal I'd starved myself for.

Not really.
I never could lie.

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Jack and grace are adorable pirates! I loved the photo of you, D. Very pretty!

Renee said...

Dorothy,
I don't know who took the pic of you but you look gorgeous. Now if there were some way to photoshop out the clock it would be near perfect.

Debbie said...

Loved the pictures of the kids and you, Dorothy. You look lovely.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Cute pirates! Dorothy, your photo is great. Happy Anniversary!

Kristine said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

The Nowlin Family said...

A belated, "Happy Anniversary!!!" to you and your beloved, my friend, and what a lovely photo. Our special day is a week away -- we shall get a pic up on our blog straightaway. We love and miss you all. Hope to see you in Sept -- that's the current estimate for an Oxford viva. Blessings!

Jodi said...

Arrrrgh what fine pirates they make, they will not be made to walk the plank!

Your hair looks very nice like that. Dorothy, not the pirates.

Emily said...

Dorothy, you look absolutley radiant! Happy Anniversary!