Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Gardening

Potting compost on the dining table?
Making a model Easter Garden. The empty tomb is a film canister, the lid makes a great 'stone', folded graveclothes (bandage) lies inside.

Afterwards, Jamie continues to argue with the Buddleia, under lowering skies and fitful sleet.
I think he needs a haircut.

But after the debacle the other day when I attempted to cut Grace's hair and then had to rush her to a salon for a proper cut, to my huge humiliation as the hairdressers all laughed, I think I'll leave him to find his way to a Barber's.{g}

8 comments:

Jodi said...

The Easter Garden looks great!

I don't dare cut my DH's hair either. Well I have offered a time or two but he takes himself off to the barber instead. I do cut the kids hair and he prefers me to rather than take 4 children for hair cuts, well three Trevor has never been able to do barber or hair salon anyway, but DH prefers the barber for himself, I wonder why. LOL

Romany said...

Hi Jodi,

Poor Grace hates the hairdresser too. I mean she likes the lady, especially after she told her she could be a hair model! {g} But the whole social chit chat thing is beyond her and makes her Reeeeeally stressed.

So she BEGGED me to cut it at home. Half way through it was obvious that I coudn't.{g} Grace's hair is very thick and very straight, so terribly unforgiving.

I had to rush her out the door with a scarf around her head just before the salon closed. {sigh} Lesson learned for both of us, I think.{vbg}

Romany said...

Jodi, Why is your cat breastfeeding a penguin?

Wow! Another of those 'Sentences I never thought I'd see myself type.'

Emily said...

I enjoyed catching up with your blog tonight. It sounds like you have been busy. I think it is great you cook a lot with veggies. I could eat roasted vegetables everyday if my family would let me :-)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Dorothy - I love your Easter Garden. I'm going to have to remember this project for next year.

Kristine said...

If it makes you feel any better, Robert and Holly INSISTED I cut Holly's hair a few months ago. I made the first two cuts, about six inches, off the back. I knew I was in big trouble.

I stopped right then and got a hair appt. for her in town later in the day. She put her hair in a ponytail to hide the huge gaps, and I paid someone else.

It only worked for me to cut her hair when she was 4...

Anonymous said...

Dorothy,
Your Easter Garden is lovely. I'm noting that idea to use next year.

Anonymous said...

Dorothy, I posted our buddleia trauma on my blog, for your edification!

Jackie
x