Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wikkid Wednesday

I spent the morning getting more focused about the Kids' Praise Party for Sunday. The programme looks like this:

Greet
Singing
Game- Find the hidden chocolates (in teams)
DVD clip - Crucifixion and Resurrections scenes from The Miracle Maker
Talk - Paid In Full
Party Food
Crafts- Making an Easter Garden, complete with empty tomb and flowers
More Singing
Possibly a Dance Competition
Home with loot bags

Looked for all the bits and pieces we'll need.
Tried hunting down our church's Safe To Grow policy and find out who's responsible for it now the Youth Pastor has gone. Needed to check a few things re CRB checks.

Made a shopping list. Money is tight this month so I'm having to be very careful.
Kept Jack working all morning.
Grace had the morning off because she needed to recover from 2 days at college. She rested and drew.

Took the kids and drove to the town where Jamie works. Stuck behind a slow coach (literally) for 40 minutes. Watched idiots taking their lives in their hands trying to overtake.

Did my week's grocery shop. That took two hours for some reason, when it normally takes one. I don't know why. Oh yes, I do. I had Grace and Jack with me.

Had time to spare so popped into a shoe shop. Actually found some shoes that fit Grace! She has two different sized feet and weird shapes toes. She has orthopedic problems and has already had surgery on them. She'll probably need more soon. Her feet are so odd that it's hard to find shoes. She's been wanting some of those ballerina type shoes for two years at least, but has never found any that fit. These seemed to so we bought two pairs. Thank God for her DLA!

Picked Jamie up and went to McD's for dinner. This was scheduled and budgeted for, but I still felt guilty spending 4 times as much on dinner than I could have cooked for. But we had a nice time.{g} We were out of the house, which was great. I've not had the car much lately so it was really good to be in another town! Met another family from our small local church in there. We commiserated on the sad situation we are all dealing with there. Tried to avoid gossipping.

Drove home and unpacked and put away the groceries. Jack commented, 'It doesn't take very long when we all help, does it?' {g} Jamie got straight into writing up the report for the church annual meeting on worship and music at church. He worked for two hours, writing it at his remote desktop (work computer). Then the connection failed. He hadn't saved it. Two more hours work needed, then.

I tried to teach Jack to crochet. He insisted on trying to make a sock for his iPod. I wanted to take a picture of him crocheting but he wouldn't let me. {g}

Fell asleep on the sofa. I hate that. Woke up, went to bed and couldn't get to sleep till nearly 1.00 am.

And that was Wednesday.

No comments: