Some of you have been kindly enquiring as to various things so I'll try to update you here.
My health. I feel fine, honest! The lack of sleep atm is due to me waking up in a cold sweat because Jamie has asked me to sing a song solo (just him on geetar accompanying me) at Sunday Night's extravaganza at church. I really am truly terrified. At least at 4.00am, I am.
The palpitations are still happening but can I get hold of my pulse in time to catch them at it? Well, I did once and it's a very strange thing to momentarily feel NO heart beat as your heart dances a jig in your chest. And then for it to come back again quite happily afterwards. Bizarre. My ultrasound screening for AAA is in a week or so, but we have no reason to believe there will be a problem. It's just the close family history and my advancing decrepitude which has prompted the testing. The odd skin patch hasn't changed and my own non-medical opinion is that it's a little patch of eczema. Why my GP couldn't figure that out is beyond me, but I go back for a re-look in a couple of weeks. Now, stop worrying, everyone!
On to Sunday night.
AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Okay, I feel much better now.
This is One Voice, the Evening Celebration of Contemporary Christian Music and Personal Testimony, which we did last October and have been asked to do again. (New songs obviously.) Trouble is is seems much bigger this time, local churches have been invited, some of our non-christian friends are coming. {gulp!} There have been more problems to deal with in terms of organisation this time too. It's been like trying to herd cats the last 3 weeks. When I had a small baby, I remember reading that trying to dress a toddler can be like trying to stuff an octopus into a string bag. Well, I love that analogy and that's what it's been to organise this One Voice. I'll be so glad when it's over. That's not a great way to think about a Celebration, is it?
The gales were so bad the last couple of days that I felt too uneasy to drive out to our weekly Big Day Out yesterday which left us all feeling a little trapped in the house. The winds have calmed right down today so I'm going to see if we can go out for a walk later and survey the local damage, if any.
Today, on my agenda, I have:
Phone calls
A meeting with Jamie to finalise details for Sunday
Laundry
Write the 'few words' I have to give on Sunday Night, which is stressing me out unduly
The week's grocery shopping and refreshments for One Voice
Prepare for the rehearsal tomorrow
Try to nail this stupid song I'm supposed to be singing, but which is proving to be very difficult to sing (unless you are Annie Lennox, which I'm so not)
Maths with Grace
Science with Jack
Email replies about exam courses for Jack
Take Grace to Rainbows
Make dental appointments
Arrange sleepover for Grace's friend
Print worksheets
Cook a nutritious meal
Clean the bathroom properly
Go for a walk!
That's enough to be getting on with! I'd better save something for *after* lunch or I'll get bored. {g}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, my! Instead of this being labeled "Proof of Insanity," I'm thinking it's Proof OF Sanity. That's an awfully long list to get through in one day, considering you DO have a regular life to live too!
(And here I am still planning to finish up the fifth day of school tomorrow-on SATURDAY. I'm hopeless!)
So how are Grace's outside classes going? Is she enjoying them? What is she studying? How long is the program? Will it assist her with the GCSE or will she not be going that route?
I think you will get some good sleep tonight after that solo is over with!
My Goodness, Dorothy! You are certainly busy.
Did you get the song? How did it go? Wish we could all come and hear you, cheering you on!
Post a Comment