Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What's Growing in My Garden in March?

Well okay, this geranium isn't techically in the garden. But it will be in the summer.

Daffodills and primroses.

Whatever they are.


Grape hyacinths, which have invaded the front lawn.


The forcythia's out! It must be Spring!

Brrrr!

8 comments:

Jan said...

'Whatever they are' is lungwort or pulmonaria, so called, I believe, because it used to be used medicinally for lung problems. They're pretty, aren't they. We have some too.

Debbie said...

Oh, Dorothy, spring has really arrived in Britain! How lovely.

Thank you for sharing your bit of springtime with us.

Alexandra said...

Yep, those spotted leaves are lungwort. I've always wanted them in my shade garden, but it's too dry with all my trees.

berrypatch said...

I'm absolutely jealous. We stil have snow - LOTS of snow - and not a bud in site. I know it will happen soon & I'm simply having a very hard time waiting! ;-)

Kristine said...

Lovely, lovely pics! (Are the flowers still there after all that wind?)

Lisa in Jax said...

I love flowers! What great photos!

Jodi said...

Oh it's all very beautiful! Another month or so of winter for us yet. Nice to have a peek of spring flowers.

Emily said...

Your garden is glorious!