Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Day Photos

Jack enjoys his new bike helmet. It's wikkid apparently.
My new slippers are just right! Thank you Grace!Jamie finds his stocking is NOT full of coal after all!
One of the items from Jack's list was quote, 'a sparkly rock'. So, here it is!
Grace, dressed for church in some of her loot. Dress, earrings, necklaces.
Pulling Christmas crackers is a british Christmas tradition! They have a little 'snap' in them which explode when you pull them apart! And out falls a hat, a joke and a little gift!
Christmas Lunch finally arrives at 6.00pm after much cross-town basting. I did feel very odd leaving my house on Christmas Day with a tea-towel and a turkey baster. Still, All's Well that Endeth So.

5 comments:

Diann said...

We do Christmas crackers with my family as well. We found the BEST ones this year (actually, my s-i-l found them). Glad your dinner turned out even without a working oven.

Diann from SHS

Jodi said...

Sounds like a nice day except for the oven mishap. What do you do to appliances? Just kidding VBG. Your table looks so pretty.

Kristine said...

Love the photos! It took me a while to realize that Christmas "crackers" are not something you EAT!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

LOVE your cat's Christmas.....and the photos are wonderful. I'm glad you posted a picture of crackers...Jodi mentioned them as well. I thought I knew...they reminded me of a gift that a guest from Germany brought us one year....now I know I know what British Christmas Crackers are....

Aren't you clever to pull off Christmas Lunch without a properly working oven? ::snort::

Way to go! It looks like a wonderful family day.

Emily said...

Your day looks fun and festive. Also, your table looks yummy with all your goodies. Merry Christmas!