Sunday, July 22, 2007

Derbyshire Rain and Wildflowers

On Friday we drove up to Derbyshire to the Peak District National Park. A journey which should have taken 2 1/2 hours took 8 hours because of the rain and heavy flooding. It was hair-raising, as we drove through 'puddles up to our middle' but we didn't have to abandon our car like 10,000 others on Friday night, nor did we have to be rescued by the RAF, though Jack was hoping we would be.{g} And once we arrived we enjoyed the scenery.

Here are some of the lovely flowers we saw on our walk the next day.








We have a saying here when it rains too much, 'It's great weather for ducks!'

4 comments:

Serenata said...

What a lovely time you had despite the weather. It must be lovely to have a family willing to do that. Can't remember the last time we went away as a family, apart from day trips - probably 2000!

Debbie said...

Dorothy, what beautiful flowers. You took some gorgeous pictures.

I've always wanted to go to England, not the city necessarily although I'm sure there are fun things to do, but I love the look of your countryside!

Glad you didn't get stuck by the rain and had a nice holiday.

Anonymous said...

Do you know, even our ducks are getting fed up of it now?
Look here, you tagged me with the 8 things about me thing, and it went the whole way round Homestead Blogger, never saw so many people do one quiz thingy.
So now yah boo tag to you, you have to list 6 Pet Peeves.
Yes, I know, only 6, it's limiting, isn't it??!!
Jackie

Cynthia said...

Love the flowers and the pond. I can't help but think that Betty Puddles would have really enjoyed this trip!