I pinched this from another blogger, tweaked it and made it mine, ALL MINE, I tell you!
Ingredients
**********
1 package wholewheat spaghetti, broken into one inch pieces. (I really enjoyed doing this for some weird reason.)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 orange pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 fat cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tin condensed mushroom soup ( I used low fat)
1 tin condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups strong grated cheddar
4 chicken fillets or 2 fillets and 3-4 chicken legs
2 chicken stock cubes or some bouillon powder
Lots of freshly ground pepper
Cook the chicken parts in lashings of hot water. Add a stock cube or some bouillon for extra flavour. Don't throw the stock away afterwards. Save a pint and reserve. Start cooking the spaghetti in the rest of it.
Lightly saute the onion, peppers and garlic until they start to go translucent.
Pick the bits off the chicken legs and roughly roughly chop cubes of chicken breast. When the spag is just less than ready (very al dente) drain it and throw all the ingredients together, except 1/2 the cheese. Remember to include the stock you reserved earlier.
Place into a large ovenproof dish, something like a lasagne dish, and then sprinkle the remaining cheese over. Bake, covered with foil, for 30-40 mins at about 170*C or 325*F. You might like the top smooth and soft, whilst I removed the foil covering after a while to get a crunchy top.
We luuuurved this dish. And next time I'm going to do a quorn version for Jamie the Vegetarian and substitute the condensed soups for something less unnatural. {g} Maybe sour cream and milk with fresh or dried mushrooms? Recipes are very rarely finished for me. I'm always changing them.
Have fun!
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment