Thursday Thirteen
Here are my favourite worship songs at the moment. I'll leave hymns for another time.
I'm always lobbying hard to have some of them included when Jamie and I are service planning.{g} Sometimes they just don't fit the scheme of things though, so I don't get to sing them as often as I'd like. Which is just as well, as the congregation would get sick of them and that's not good!
These songs are the ones which minister to my soul right now. In no particular order:
There is a Day...Nathan Fellingham
The Lord is Gracious and Compassionate...Graham Ord
Take My Life...Scott Underwood
The Potter's Hand...Darlene Zchech
Take Us To The River...Robin Mark
There is a New Song In My Mouth...Keith Getty
I'm Trading my Sorrows...Darrel Evans
See His Love...Tom Lockley
We Will Give Ourselves No Rest...Matt Redman
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord...Andy Park
Alleluja He Is Coming...Marie Butler
The King of Love...Stuart Townend/Kevin Jamieson
There Must Be More...Tim Hughes
Oh-Oh, just seeing that list makes me want to go and put a CD on!
Close the windows everyone and put the ear-plugs in, Mum's going to sing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I really need to start blogging again... I've wanted to do a few TH 13 things myself and I LOVE your list! Maybe I could start with this!
Great list, Dorothy! Sing your heart out, girl!
Now I need to track these songs down and listen to them. Thanks for the great list!! Do you have them on a cd?
Ooh, great choice for a Thursday 13 topic!
Kathy,
I don't have them all on one CD, no. Good idea, though! But I did hear them all on CD first, I think.
We've heard some of the writers themselves sing them live too, which is always brilliant.
Look out for Keith and Kristen Getty (New Irish Hymn-writers). I think we are going to hear a LOT of theirs in years to come. Brilliant.
Dorothy
Post a Comment